Monday 16 June 2014

Hats off to Henry Edition

Hey Everyone!

I hope you all had a great weekend!  We sure did.  We took the kids to the cottage for the first time this season (Alice's first time ever!).  It was great fun.  Different taking such a little baby with us, the first time Henry went he was at least 7 months old (I can't remember when our first trip was that year).  Not being able to move around didn't bother Alice in the slightest:

 Just having a little nap in the sunroom aka: nap time room (because pretty much anyone who lays down in here falls asleep).
Just chillin on her minky dot blankie.

But today, we aren't here for Alice are we?  That title suggests there's a hat for the big man this week.

There he is!  And looking so much healthier (we went through an epic ear infection this past month, but it seems we're finally on the mend).  

I actually made this hat!  I'm pretty proud of myself, since, as discussed last week, my sewing skills are just slightly above rudimentary.  But I found a great pattern, the Olive and S Reversible Bucket hat.  It seemed a little more complicated than the Peekaboo Bonnet but not too bad.  Also the pattern was free which is nice.  I got the fabric at Fabricland on sale for $2 per fat quarter (which is a quarter of a yard of material, but cut so it's the wide or "fat" piece rather than a skinny little quarter yard cut lengthwise).  Anyway.  After a few minor errors, I have produced a wearable, if somewhat less than perfect, bucket hat!  

Henry seems to like it, he yells "nice hat!" "nice hat!" at everyone when it's time to go outside.  That's more than enough for me.

I do plan on trying this pattern again, maybe work on some straighter top stitching, but overall I'm pleased.

 He's totally a ham and poses for the camera:

 Do I detect a little Blue Steel?


I love the skulls.  Please ignore that crooked stitiching.
Oh yea, was it father's day or something this weekend?  Of course it was!  Here's Daddy with his little chicklets.
You'll notice Henry is a lot more interested in "Adiss" than he is having his picture taken again.  Oh so sweet.

Happy belated Father's day to all the Dad's out there!  Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment