Thursday 10 April 2014

Introducing Alice!

We're back!  With a new baby and a new blog.  For now I'll keep all my blogging over here, even if we happen to feature Henry in a hat.  If you want to see the old blog just click!

This time around I think I'll try not to limit myself to hats.  While hats are great, we have an awful lot of them now (as one might suspect).  Also I found it particularly challenging to come up with good hat ideas in the summer months.  Speaking of summer, is it ever coming?

In an attempt to remind myself what summer is like, here is what I made for Alice for our first blog entry:

What's this now?  Such a professional looking photo!  How did I accomplish this you may ask?  I found a great tutorial on pinterest on how to build a lightbox.  I thought to myself, I have a box, some tissue paper and some bristol board, and voila!  I'm actually impressed with how well it turned out/works.  #nailedit

Oh, you want to see the baby?  


There's my little strawberry!  She's a lot more alert than her brother was at this age, making the whole photography thing a little more challenging (never mind the toddler running around the room too).


I first knit these boots, then sewed all those little beads on them.


My grumpy old lady


Boots from another angle.

These ones I made with no pattern, just kind of trial and error.  Hats are obviously a little easier for me to get right on the first try.  I also must admit that knitting and crocheting all those hats for Henry turned me into a proper expert, now I don't often need a pattern and have yet to come across something I can't manage.  So, yay me!

There we have it, hats and booties to start us off!  Who knows what next week has in store (although a good bet says it will be easter related, since next week is, you know, easter).

I also have one last thing to show you, just for fun:


Again, lightbox ftw.  That would be our beloved Daenerys, because guess what?  Game of Thrones is back!  (Like I need to tell you, anyone who cares obviously knows this already).  I will make some more of these little guys, but I had to order some more eyes (I know, crafter problems right)?  

Nice to see you all again!

G.

1 comment:

  1. I love your little strawberry and hope that Declan and I can come meet her soon :) P.s. your Daenerys doll is HILARIOUS!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete